Egyptian desserts are the most authentic and delicious sweet treats in Arabic cuisine. These delicacies are an integral part of the thousand-year culture, and most of the dishes have origins dating back to ancient Egypt.
Today’s article will list the ingredients and procedures to make an Egyptian dessert. We will instruct you to make the most popular dessert in Egypt, the Mahalabia. You will love the deliciousness of milk and heavy cream. Read on!
- Two cups of milk
- One cup of heavy cream
- Two teaspoons of vanilla sugar
- Three tablespoons of white sugar
- Four teaspoons of cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Mix milk, sugar, cream, cornstarch, and vanilla sugar in a saucepan
- Whisk these ingredients to create a good mixture
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook over medium heat
- Continue cooking for 15-20 minutes until it has a thick texture
- Remove the dessert from the heat
- Pour pudding into bowls and set aside to cool at room temperature
- Once cooled, you can refrigerate the dessert for one hour
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve it to your family or friends